To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paramount, CA 90723
- Evelyn Jacobo
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Billing, AR and Collections Manager
CalMet Services • Paramount, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Billing, Accounts Receivable and Collections Manager will perform and oversee a variety of routine billing, accounts receivable, credit and collection functions to ensure the proper preparation and implementation of accurate postings to customer accounts. This role serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization. This role also requires a team leader that demonstrates initiative, provides coaching, feedback and corrective action where needed to improve department performance.
1. Manage three full-time clerks; time, efficiency and productivity.
2. Manage all areas of AR including but not limited to; reviewing aging for discrepancies, approving, processing, posting and reporting receivables/adjustments.
3. Manage all areas of Billing including but not limited to; processing billings based on area requirements and/or specific arrangements, reviewing and reconciling billed revenue, reporting and preparing mailings for outsource print.
4. Meet deadlines to assist in month end closing.
5. Support Customer Service, Collections and Accounting; assist in identifying/resolving issues related to A/R and Billing.
6. Assist in preparing, updating and enforcing customer rates based on area; provide current rates for adjustment calculations, update rates based on contract agreements and enforce standard rates.
7. Communicate with Managers, Banks, Customers and Vendors; provide feedback/suggestion for improvements, resolve issues and request information.
8. Prepare and/or manage reports for Accounting, Controller and CFO; billing revenues, AR daily totals and rates.
9. Assist in annual departmental audits; provide information as requested.
10. Attends weekly Management meetings.
11. Perform departmental duties as needed.
12. Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete.
13. Reviews, analyzes and takes appropriate action on accounts daily.
14. Answers billing/collection calls on a daily basis with tact and diplomacy.
15. Contacts delinquent accounts by telephone, letter, FAX or e-mail to arrange plans for payments.
16. Conducts research and investigations to locate missing debtors.
17. Researches and adjusts account errors, and interfaces professionally with other departments to get resolution in a timely manner.
18. Documents and recommends write-off accounts.
19. Helps in managing credit-hold and pull-bin list and may assist in the printing/mailing of letters.
20. Works well with minimal supervision.
21. Constantly provides excellent customer service to all customers.
22. Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
23. Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex issues.
24. Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status.
25. Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility.
26. Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts.
27. Financial Management.
28. Ethical Conduct.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
1. Strong written and verbal communication.
2. 5 years of relevant work experience.
3. Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Word and Excel.
4. Reliable, detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
5. Ability to type 40 wpm and use a 10 key by touch.
6. Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
7. Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects efficiently.
8. High School or GED certification.
9. Directly related experience in which individuals have worked with customers in a collections capacity in a service-based industry.
10. A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and collections transactions and processes.
11. Act in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
12. Ability to follow through; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
13. Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risk.
14. Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
15. Knowledge of the waste hauling and disposal industry a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate degree in accounting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.