Help Desk and Customer Support Associate
The Public Health Foundation (PHF) seeks an enthusiastic, independent, and attentive individual to provide administrative and customer support for the TRAIN Learning Network (TRAIN). This position also serves as the VHA TRAIN – Mission Act Learning Management System (LMS) administrator.
Founded in 1970, PHF is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice. PHF quickly and effectively responds to current and emerging needs of the public health system.
This full-time (40 hour/week) position reports to the TRAIN Director and works daily with the TRAIN Team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Provide administrative and customer support for TRAIN with a focus on a Veterans Health Administration – Mission Act project.
Administrative and Customer Support for TRAIN
- Receive and respond to internal and external inquiries and concerns related to TRAIN from system administrators, users, and others
- Support users attempting to access and complete a course on TRAIN including accessing course records, printing certificates, locating usernames, and resetting passwords
- Assist with TRAIN quality assurance activities including account reconciliation (duplicate user code and course access denials), course access, and accuracy of course information
- Assist in the creation of TRAIN FAQ/Guides based on TRAIN Affiliate needs
TRAIN LMS Administration
- Process, list, and approve courses submitted to PHF for listing on TRAIN
- Verify continuing education credit offerings are accurate and certificates are appropriately assigned
- Post and update announcements or information on TRAIN
- Assist with running data queries and creating technical reports related to TRAIN
- Assist with TRAIN functionality testing
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings by providing input to enhance TRAIN customer support and other TRAIN related activities
- Actively participate in PHF staff and team meetings
- Assist the TRAIN team convene an annual meeting of Affiliates and other partners
- Assist with scheduling meetings and providing logistical support for TRAIN
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years’ experience
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technology Customer Support may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service communication skills (in-person, email, phone, and other business communications)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office program suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Reliable, self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organizational skills and strength in developing, organizing, and implementing procedures
- Ability to create and sustain strong working relationships
- Ability to anticipate and use intuition, judgment, motivational techniques and personal leadership to meet Affiliate needs
- Commitment to PHF’s mission, values, and programs
- Motivated and rewarded by helping others perform at the highest levels in service of the organization and its mission
- Perform other duties as assigned
PHF Staff Values:
PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
This position reports to the TRAIN Director.
Location and Start Date:
The successful candidate will be based in our Washington, D.C. office and must be able to begin work within three weeks of hiring.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
Mailed applications and phone calls will not be accepted.
Visit our web site at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Microsoft Power Point
Learning Management Systems