Assists General Manager in achieving restaurant objectives, including assigning, directing and following
up on activities of team members. Provides quality products in a clean and safe environment to every
customer. Works with the General Manager to ensure compliance with all Company policies and
procedures, federal, state and local laws and Company business standards. Also assists the General
Manager with overall store operations. This position must be able to work and communicate effectively
with the restaurant management team and the team members.
Though this position does not provide direct supervision to others, job responsibilities may include
providing functional guidance to team members including delegating assignments, instruction and
follow up. Carries out opening and closing procedures on their shifts and may provide secondary
supervision to team members under direction of or during the absence of the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the accountabilities, knowledge, skill,
and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions which include:
- Come to work promptly and regularly
- Take direction and work well with others
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Interact positively with Customers
- Stand much of the work day
- Concentrate and perform duties accurately
- Perform the Accountabilities listed below
- Perform as stated in the Work Requirements and Physical Demands section below
- Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to team members. Ensures all Company
food safety procedures are followed. Complies with all health / sanitation regulations
- Maintains safe working conditions by following and enforcing all Company safety, security and
maintenance policies and procedures
- Monitors tasks performed by team members to ensure product quality and guest satisfaction.
- Monitors and follows up with team members regarding food preparation and Company procedures
to minimize food cost
- Monitors labor usage against sales and takes corrective action where necessary
- Executes, trains and monitors proper cash control procedures
- Ensures proper training for team members through established training systems. Provides ongoing
coaching to team members
- Assists General Manager in ensuring compliance with all other Company policies and procedures
- Assists General Manager with overall store operations, including, but not limited to, monitoring
operational systems, profit and loss statements, inventory and employee scheduling
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required
Work Requirements and Physical Demands
- Able to work a variety of schedules in accordance with business needs and customary scheduling
- May be required to transfer from one location to another as business needs dictate
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending and stooping
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to effectively and safely use kitchen equipment
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Displays professional and appropriate image and appearance
- Any additional duties as assigned
- 18 years of age, minimum
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- 1 or more years of restaurant or supervisory experience, preferred
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sbarro's roots go back to Naples, Italy where for Gennaro and Carmela Sbarro (who eventually became known as Mama Sbarro), the art of crafting Italian cuisine was a way of life. The couple and their three sons, Mario, Joseph and Anthony, immigrated to America in 1956 to pursue their dream of owning a successful business in the United States. That same year the Sbarro family opened their first Salumeria, an Italian grocery store, in Brooklyn, which was soon a neighborhood favorite for its exceptionally fresh food and authentic Italian fare, including homemade mozzarella, imported cheese, and delicious sausage and salami. The quality of the food was surpassed only by the Sbarro family's passion for their guests, a people-oriented foundation that continues to translate into the highest standards of guest service today. For example, some of the mainstays of the Salumeria included Mama Sbarro giving free samples for guests to enjoy and Gennaro's meticulous displays and merchandising which sometimes took hours to put together. Every display looked amazing and appealed to customers to stop in.
View the full profile
The success of the Sbarro Salumeria led to the opening of more locations throughout the New York City area, connecting the Sbarro name with the iconic city. In 1967, Sbarro opened its first mall-based restaurant in Brooklyn's Kings Plaza Shopping Center, marking the birth of the modern Sbarro concept: delicious, fresh and authentic Italian food in an open kitchen that allowed for fast service. Since 1967, the King's Plaza business model has been replicated over 1,000 times - helping Sbarro expand throughout the United States, and in over 30 countries across the Globe. The Sbarro family sold the business in 2007 and the company has been held by Private Equity firms ever since, including some of the world’s biggest. Our Board of Directors is comprised of many representatives from these firms and is chaired by our current CEO, David Karam, who joined the company in 2012. Under Karam’s leadership, the Sbarro brand has undertaken several key initiatives including revamping the Logo to emphasize the iconic XL Pizza Slice, renovating existing mall locations and streamlining the menu, expanding locations both domestically and internationally and adding new “Off-Mall” sites, bringing their famous pizza-centric offerings into neighborhoods with locations that feature whole pizza delivery and pickup.
Sbarro has been featured in the media including spots in The Office, The Middle and 30 Rock. In 2015, Sbarro was named as Yahoo!’s 2nd best Nationwide Pizza Chain and in 2017, Sbarro was named as Restaurant Business Magazine’s 3rd Most Craveable Pizza Chain. The company is currently based in Columbus, Ohio.