Description - External
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
Centralized Title Services provides nationwide title, closing and settlement solutions for mortgage lenders. Matches deep industry knowledge and expertise with advanced technology to offer a full suite of services that can be designed to meet customer's specific requirements.
CTS Default Operations provides nationwide solutions for the disposition of bank owned properties through real estate owned sales, deed in lieu title transfers, bulk investor sales and complex title clearance services for pre-and-post-foreclosure.
Responsible for supporting real estate transactions by providing a high level of customer service and proactive communication to both internal and external contacts including sellers, services, foreclosure attorneys, vendors, consumers, brokers and county offices. Utilizes basic knowledge of standard default title curative nationwide to provide support to a variety of standard default title curative functions by following various established title industry methods with direct oversight. Demonstrates basic technical aptitude and knowledge of systems and tools. Accountable for meeting or exceeding production requirements, deadlines and SLAs with accuracy and professionalism. Resolves standard default title curative discrepancies according to internal and/or client guidelines.
● Performs title curative functions for standard default curative issues including: obtaining HOA and Tax statements, searching public records for releases, foreclosure deeds, state tax liens, code enforcement liens, judgments and mechanics liens
● Performs necessary steps to resolve title curative discrepancies within established deadlines
● Work in multiple systems and insert all applicable data into the various databases
● Ability to determine issues that should be escalated
● Adheres to any changes made to the flow process as implemented based on the internal and/or Client's request
● Participates in team meetings to gain knowledge of business updates, operational issues and Servicer needs
● Follows and may recommend best practices that contributes to the team environment
● Reviews title commitments and title searches to validate title curative actions
● Follows best course of action with the anticipated timelines required to cure the file
● Escalate opportunities to mitigate losses or otherwise settle
● Researches and obtains payoffs for open liens and judgments
● Obtains, reviews and clears all title requirements including Condo or Homeowners Association Statements
● Performs additional duties as directed by manager