Anne Arundel County Board of Elections Temporary Office Associate
Summary: Assists in administrative tasks during elections by performing the following duties:
· Performs administrative assistant tasks such as proofreading, editing reports, recording meeting minutes, and maintaining database
· Assists with the Recruitment/New hire process; screening resumes, scheduling interviews, organizing hiring packages, maintaining personnel files
· Organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding process and lead on training programs and various admin tasks
· Verify and manage timesheets and enter payroll in ADP system
· Enters data from voter registration, absentee voting, or election worker applications into database
· Responds to inquiries via email, phone, and in person
· Assigns and schedules Election Judges to attend training classes and to serve at Anne Arundel County polling places on Election Day
· Prepares absentee ballots for voters and answers questions concerning voting procedures
· Processes valid voted absentee ballots and prepares official reports of election results
Pay: $15.00 / hour
Time Frame: Position will be active from September 05, 2019 until December 09, 2020
Full-time (40 hours per week) plus extended workdays and weekends as needed. Time and a half is earned for hours worked over 40 hours in a week. Election Day from 5:30 a.m. until approximately 10:00 p.m.
This position is temporary. Temporary employees are paid leave based on hours worked per week. Temporary employees do not receive any benefits: medical, holidays, etc. Temporary employees are paid only for the hours actually worked. Reliable transportation is required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Responds promptly to customer needs
· Adapts to changes in the work environment and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
· Follows instructions
· Consistent record of work attendance and timeliness
· Keeps commitments and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
· Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person
· Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner
· Able to read and interpret written information
· Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure
Education and/or Experience
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or an equivalent certificate required
Experience: One year of general clerical or administrative experience preferred
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current valid driver's license required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and/or lift up to 50 lbs with assistance
To Apply: Apply for the position by emailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.