To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Now Hiring Retail Assistant Manager
Party City Corporation • Sacramento, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Summary: The Operations Manager/Specialist plays the critical role of ensuring that the store’s operations processes are managed to achieve company standards. This role serves as a member of the store’s leadership team and is responsible for key operational functions related to labor, front end and compliance management. In addition, this role recruits, hires and manages the store’s Associate team. As a leader and coach, this role will direct and motivate the store’s team members to deliver top results.
The Manager/Specialist designation is determined by the complexity of the individual store.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the key functions within the store’s operation, including;
- Manages store staffing to allowable census
- Recruits and hires for regular and peak season; completing required RM ATS processes, i.e. I9
- Create weekly Associate Schedule based on business need and availability
- Manage store payroll processing, editing time records for missed punches and bi-weekly pay period approvals
- Manage associate participation in Party School and coordinate new Associate Onboarding/Training
- Coordinate Manager Self Service work events for changes related to Associate status, job or pay
- Supply Ordering
- Record retention & regulatory compliance
- Coordinate communication to Associate team through company vehicles, i.e. Communication board, Thriller Recognition Board, etc.
- Manage the stores Front End to maximize efficiency, accuracy and service, including;
- Front End Coordinator performance and scheduling
- Store’s email capture & charitable donations
- Queue merchandising and maintenance
- Associate/cashier compliance to POS and cash handling procedures
- Balloon counter & wall
- Coordinates store’s auditing process, i.e. LP, Safety
- Oversee store maintenance and facilities requirements
- Serve as a member of the Store Leadership team and perform general operations responsibilities, including;
- Store Opening and Closing procedures; performs director on duty (DOD) responsibilities as required
- Ensure accuracy of Associate Time Records
- Lead new hire onboarding and ongoing associate training and development activities
- Guide Associate Performance including performance feedback, coaching and appraisals
- Support the operation of the Stores Front End including authorizes register functions (post voids, returns and associate discounts POS overrides/returns,) queue management and balloon execution
- Coordinate completion of company directed operations tasks (app task sign off)
- General supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room etc.
- Role models customer service expectations through personal contact with customers
- Reviews and understands financial data to support driving profitable sales and decision making
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods and ensures store compliance to audit/safety standards
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, based on store needs.
Reporting Relationship: The Operations Manager/Specialist reports to the store’s General Manager. The store’s Front End Coordinator and Associates are direct reports to this position.
- Lift, push and pull 25 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing for long periods throughout schedule day
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- For Specialist, 1 – 3 years of prior supervisory experience in retail preferred
- For Manager, Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in retail preferred
- Previous experience with merchandising or inventory management preferred