Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career/professional programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls approximately 1,600 students in its traditional programs on its main campus and nearly 6,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs at 17 regional locations and online. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor’s, masters and doctoral levels. Over 48% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. Indiana Tech’s picturesque main campus is located on 45 acres near downtown Fort Wayne. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Student Financial Services Administrative Assistant .
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the Student Financial Services front desk and providing clerical support to the department.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Student Financial Services Front Desk
- Cash Handling
- Respond in a positive manner to telephone calls, e-mails and interface with Administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students, alumni, vendors, and visitors
- Maintain office files
- Operate standard office equipment
- Receive and dispatch mail
- Greet clients, answer telephone, respond to department e-mails and provide directions or information
- Deliver or pick up documents, equipment, or supplies
- Review documents to ensure proper format and data
- Process purchase orders according to Student Financial Services practices
- Work with multiple offices across campus
- Associates degree or certificate in office management preferred
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Financial Aid preferred (Federal & State)
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills:
- Word: Advanced
- Excel: Intermediate
- Database: Intermediate
- Info Maker: Intermediate
- Minimum one year experience in clerical role preferred
Inclusion Statement: Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Equal Opportunity Employer.
For preferential review of materials please apply by February 25, 2020.
Exemplary Customer Service Skills
Organization And Time Management Skills
Work In A Team Environment
Working Knowledge Of Financial Aid Preferred