How could your transportation expertise and passion for safety impact an essential manufacturer that supports the food industry? Take advantage of this rewarding career with an industry leading organization that offers a great compensation and benefits package with room to grow.
We are looking for a Transportation Manager to join our team in Veribest, TX. This is a critical role responsible for oversight of all Transportation functions and manages Tractor-Trailer Operations (raw material & finished goods), Trap Operations, Route Operations and all Transportation Supervision / Drivers.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
$500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily work assignments and all necessary resources to ensure customers are serviced per Company standards and agreements.
- Oversee the routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area maintaining both compliance with DOT rules and regulations and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Field Service Representatives in both maintaining/growing customer base and addressing/resolving any service related issues.
- Safety & Compliance
- Ensure drivers receive adequate training and operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations / policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for all accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline if necessary in accordance with Company policy.
- Monitor Omnitracs reports to ensure:
- All units operating properly
- Equipment use and utilization
- Drivers Hours of Service and follow up
- Route integrity
- Manage employees to include;
- Periodic reviews, coaching and counseling,
- Mentoring salary and hourly employees, training,
- Overtime and scheduling,
- Interviewing and hiring prospective candidates.
- Maintain/monitor reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting established Company goals.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with shop to ensure maximum utilization and up-time.
- Keep management advised of performance, issues and recommend solutions
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Effectively recruit, retain and train a transportation team that will be able to achieve operational goals. Ability to maintain 100% staffing at all times.
- Ability to measure and report operational progress.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Must understand and maintain focus on providing superior customer service.
- Working knowledge of DOT/OSHA regulations.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of SAP, Sapphire, Scale Administration, and other transportation related technologies a real plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of on-board recording devices, GPS communication, and routing optimization systems.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet customer needs and deadlines a must.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply today!