To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1010 Nut Tree Road
Vacaville, CA 95687
- Donna Dabeck, Manager Talent acquisition
- Phone: 707-646-3322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Diabetes Nurse Educator
NorthBay Healthcare • Vacaville, CA
Posted 2 months ago
- The Diabetes Nurse Educator (“Educator”) is a registered nurse who provides structured education to patients and their family’s related to diabetes. Primary teaching responsibilities will address self-management of diabetes. Diabetes self management education will include diabetes disease process and treatment options, nutritional management, physical activity, medications including insulin administration, monitoring blood glucose, prevention and treatment of chronic and acute complications, healthy coping and problem solving skills related to diabetes.
- Responsible for overseeing daily operations of the Diabetes Self Management Education Program at NorthBay Healthcare.
- In partnership with the supervising physician, Educator will facilitate the diabetes program in identifying and executing a minimum of one Continuous Quality Improvement project annually.
- The Educator will plan an annual meeting of the NorthBay Diabetes Advisory Board and collaborate with the physician dyad to prepare all Board materials.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Active California RN license required.
- Diabetes Educator certification required within ninety days of hire.
- AHA or equivalent CPR certification required.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years’ experience functioning as a Diabetes Nurse Educator with direct patient care
delivery in an ambulatory care setting highly preferred. Program management experience preferred.
- Program management experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the skill necessary to perform patient and family education in a one on one setting as well as a classroom setting.
- Must be able to develop a curriculum, patient education materials and evaluation tool.
- Must have computer skills .
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in providing education for patients in the following age groups: Geriatric, Adult, and Young Adult.
- Must maintain 15 continuing education hours of diabetes related education annually.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence. Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate these behaviors.