Financial Advisor Associate
The Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) Program prepares ambitious self-starters to become Financial Advisors through intensive training and development. Our extensive curriculum provides you, state –of- the -art wealth management tools, techniques and resources needed to create strategies and build a client base of high-net worth individuals. When you launch your career as a Financial Advisor, you are prepared to apply your product knowledge and wealth management talents to deliver clients with individualized and comprehensive financial guidance.
Becoming a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley will allow you to:
Help Clients Achieve Their Goals - You can help clients achieve their financial goals and help them make a difference in their lives.
Make a Difference While Accomplishing Work-Life Balance - As a Financial Advisor you may have the opportunity to control your work schedule and the flexibility to achieve work-life balance as you manage your own business.
Play Your Part – Listen to your clients and work with them to develop portfolios reflective of what’s most important to them.
Build a Personally and Financially Rewarding Career – You have the potential to grow your business, assist your clients with their financial and investment needs and meet your personal financial goals.
To succeed, you’ll need the right combination of personal attributes:
- Drive: As a Financial Advisor, you are entirely responsible for generating your own income. To succeed, you’ll need to be organized, focused and highly disciplined.
- Ambition: You’ll work hard, struggle through slow periods and face tough challenges while building your business. You’re the kind of person who doesn’t give up — and knows you’ll get to where you want to be.
- Accountability: There are no shortcuts to succeeding in this business, and you’ll need to be demanding of yourself. You’ll treat your clients properly, with consistency and care. You’ll be diligent in your work and in disclosing details your clients need to know.
- Confidence: Assurance in yourself and your work conveys to your clients a feeling of confidence in their choices and financial future. Top Financial Advisors are comfortable talking with people. They can engage easily in conversation and confidently handle the challenges of running their own business.
A Training Process Geared Towards Your Success
Our rigorous training and development program fully prepares our FAAs to enter our elite Financial Advisor workforce. The FAA Program is highly selective, and we accept only the top candidates. The program is broken out into three phases:
Phase 1 FAAs are required to pass the pass the Securities Industry Essential ( SIE) Exam and obtain the Series 7 and 66 licensing exams, begin consultation meetings with their designated coaches appointed to them at the commencement of the program, complete assigned curriculum, and attend National Performance Training Sessions.
FAAs learn about wealth management topics and client conversations, participate in weekly coaching meetings, prospect for clients and open new account relationships.
In this final stage FAAs learn to manage and expand client relationships, gather referrals, target specific niche markets, complete the Financial Planning Specialist (FPS) program, and meet frequently with their Manager.
- Complete proprietary training in finance, wealth planning, investment strategies and product knowledge.
- Effectively source business prospects and employ client acquisition techniques.
- Consult with clients on wealth management strategies based on their financial and investment goals.
- Balance referral activities, customer follow-ups and administrative tasks.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements, including licensing and registrations.
- Meet pre-determined production goals as outlined in training program.
Financial Advisor Associate
The best Financial Advisors are high achievers, astute listeners and skilled problem solvers who can offer specialized advice to help clients meet their wealth management needs.
- Holds bachelor’s degree or equivalent to five years professional experience in business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, finance or other business-related field.
- Exemplary communication, presentation, time-management and organizational skills.
- Talented at networking with businesses and personal communities.
- Ability to listen to client needs and provide financial solutions.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessments.
Our hiring procedure is a multistep process that can take four to six weeks to complete. Successful candidates can expect to complete online assessments, two or three rounds of interviews, and business planning exercises. All offers of employment are contingent on a background check.
How To Apply Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Advisor Associate
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, an industry leader, provides access to a wide range of products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, cash management and lending products and services, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust services.
It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), protected veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is a business of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.
CRC 2224237 8/18