Semi-formal style residence is seeking a professional and experienced Executive Housekeeper for a career opportunity. The EH will ensure that the highest standards for cleanliness, safety and sanitation are maintained throughout the residence. They will ensure that principals’ requests are responded to promptly, and they will direct the other housekeepers in performing a variety of activities to ensure a consistently clean, orderly, and attractive environment within the residence. The EH will be accountable for managing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to housekeeping and laundry operations, and for creating an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional service.
- Will be in charge of overseeing and directing all maintenance and cleaning activities as well as organizing their time and the time of other housekeeping staff
- Oversee the care and cleaning of the home which requires extensive knowledge of caring for fine linens, marble, crystal, silver, and other valuable materials including antiques and fine art
- Supervise household staff, coordinate work schedules, and organize their and others’ time for the most effective, efficient cleaning and maintenance of the home
- Establish and review standards, guidelines and objectives as needed
- Train and mentor housekeeping staff
- Remain current and implement the latest housekeeping and laundry technology
- Work closely with vendors to ensure proper pricing and delivery of outside services when needed
- Direct other housekeeping staff on deep cleaning the home
- Oversee repairs and replacements as needed and assist with maintaining household systems
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Long-term tenure in a current or previous domestic service position is preferred
- Willing to travel on an occasional basis
- Must have excellent, verifiable references
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
- Extensive pre-employment background check and drug screening is required
- Must be a non-smoker
- Must be fluent in English; must be eligible to work in the U.S
- A minimum of 3 years’ previous housekeeping leadership experience, to include successful management of staff with focus on exceptional service
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Must be self-disciplined and have a sense and respect of boundaries, exercise discretion, privacy, and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with vendors and service providers to ensure smooth operation of the household
- A professional who is honest, flexible, well-mannered, energetic, and can effectively lead existing household staff
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
This position requires supervision of other housekeeping staff.
The EH performs their work in a semi-formal home setting, is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the home, which may include contact with guests and service providers. There is also one small dog in the residence.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves continually during working hours. Must be able to climb stairs and lift up to 30 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; weekend and overtime work will rarely be necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience supervising housekeeping staff in a semi-formal home is required
- Registered Executive Housekeeper (REH) or Certified Executive Housekeeper (CEH) would be an advantage
- Competitive hourly wage, paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays
- Company paid health and life insurance.
- Dental insurance and a retirement program with employer matching are also available.
- Uniforms will be provided.
- Housing is provided for successful applicant and spouse (if any)
Clean Trash Container
Use Vacuum Cleaner