To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pocatello, ID 83201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Specialist, Senior
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare • Pocatello, ID
Posted 1 month ago
Join our team of professionals in a progressive environment! The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is currently seeking an HR professional with a strong human resources background. Critical thinking skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships are a must. This position requires a flexible, creative, solution-focused, customer-service driven, and energetic business professional.
We offer incredible employee benefits, including: excellent low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the nation’s best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Acts as a business partner to leadership and provides advice and counsel regarding employee relations issues, civil rights, recruitment, and performance management.
- Provides consultation to employees regarding human resources issues.
- Investigates HR issues and provides consultation and recommendations in concert with legal counsel and other HR professionals.
- Develops and conducts training in human resource and staff development areas.
- Provides consultation on employment laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of human resource administration.
- Good knowledge of equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining laws or rules.
- Experience researching and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews.