A premier regional commercial carrier has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Regional Vice President. This officer level role, reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, will be the face of the organization throughout the southeast. The client is seeking a talented executive with broad depth of expertise in commercial underwriting, agency relations, and a demonstrated track record of growing profitable business.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- At least 10+ years of leadership of property & casualty commercial lines underwriting and marketing operation with heavy emphasis in profitable underwriting in an independent agency distribution model.
- Possess strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills including and understanding of the use of predictive models in risk selection and pricing.
- Understanding of the state and regulatory requirements of commercial small to middle market property casualty business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group settings.
- Possess the ability to flex their personal style in order to effectively communicate with all individuals throughout the organization, agents, and policyholders in order to build trust and open communication.
- Become knowledgeable of the organization to identify problems and opportunities.
- Inspire and guide other toward goal achievement.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and individually. Show initiative, taking prompt, self-directed action to accomplish objectives.
- Must be self-motivated and directed and able to handle multiple tasks.
- A CPCU and other industry related designations strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and agency relationships in the branch servicing area.
Basic Function and Responsibility
Responsible for the production, underwriting, and marketing of a profitable book of property/casualty business in the geographic region serviced by the branch. Provide general administration of assigned branch.
- Supervise the underwriting, marketing, loss control and administration departments within the branch office; including staffing decisions and training.
- Prepare and adhere to an annual operating plan/budget consistent with the corporate strategic plan and objectives.
- Direct the marketing and production activities of the branch to achieve established production objectives, including the appointment and management of the agency force.
- Direct the Branch underwriting, loss control and pricing activities of the branch to achieve the established profit objectives.
- Maintain current marketplace information and work in conjunction with Home Office staff in the development of new products, product enhancements, underwriting modifications and rate promulgation.
- Communicate effectively with the branch personnel, other company personnel and agency force through both written and verbal methods.
- Sponsor and lead projects at both the branch and corporate level as directed, including sitting on Business Development Committee and participating in corporate strategic planning efforts.
- Represent the company at industry meetings and seminars and assist in the monitoring of legislative and regulatory activity.
- Administer company policies and procedures.