Retirement Benefits Counselor (RBC) position is responsible for providing responses to member inquiries within a Call Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicating to members on employee statutes related to the below benefit plans administered by our client.
• Employees’ Retirement System
• Separate Insurance Benefits Plan for Law Enforcement Officers
• Disability Income Plan
• National Guard Pension Fund
• Acting as point of contact between RSD operations and members, providing critical information on retirement processes and benefits.
• Maintaining account security by verifying callers and providing information to appropriate parties only.
• Providing technical assistance to employing agencies regarding procedural matters, reporting requirements and providing information to administrative and personnel officials of all agencies covered under the variety of retirement plans.
• Explaining past and current legislation concerning retirement benefit inquiries depending on the date of enrollment and the laws in place at that time.
• Providing service to members regarding benefit inquiries that require knowledge of mandated personnel regulations and practices related to: payroll policies, salary plans, earning of sick, vacation, bonus and longevity earnings that affect members’ retirement planning and benefit.
• Responding to member inquiries relating to the various short and long-term disability processes under the Disability Income Plan.
• Researching complicated benefit provisions regarding statutory and regulatory changes where some changes are cumulative in effect and, depending on the event date, could result in a different answer.
• Assisting in training of new personnel.
• Participating in process improvement assignments.
• Performing additional duties as assigned to meet department and division needs.
• Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Organize time efficiently and to effectively maintain adherence to a stringent schedule.
• Exercise judgment and discretion in establishing, applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency personnel, officials and the public. Participate effectively in program planning, evaluation and quality control methods.
• Adapt to changing situations and exercise sound judgment.
• Analyze, research and interpret information of a technical, mathematical or financial nature and ability to communicate complex information in simple terms.
• Think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances and remain attentive to details.
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Understand customer needs and deliver quality services.
• Interpret and understand business requirements to stay in compliance.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration
Contract: 6 months
Pay: $15/hour W-2 Employment
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two (2) years of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Benefits administration experience
• Customer service experience
• Call Center or Service Center experience