Collector - Collection Specialist **** Hourly Rate + Commission (Maumee, OH)****
- Starting wage is $11.00 to $15.00 per hour plus Commission
Consider Joining Our Team - United Collection Bureau, Inc (UCB) is seeking highly motivated individuals for medical collections in our Maumee office. The organization recognizes that we must attract, develop and retain the most talented people, and therefore we provide a fun and rewarding work environment. UCB also offers exciting career advancement opportunities, competitive benefits, and flexible work schedules.
Principle Responsibilities - As a Collector - Collection Specialist you will handle inbound and outbound calls, negotiate and set up payment arrangements, ask open ended questions, and examine each person's financial situation to establish a payment solution.
- Contact consumers informing them they have delinquent accounts
- Negotiate the best possible payment arrangement. The process involves reviewing account information in the collection software system, and asking questions of the consumer to better understand perceived obstacles to payment.
- Document all communications and process account adjustments.
- Maintain call quality and productivity measures.
- Maintain a positive, problem solving approach and encourage collaborative relationships within a team environment.
- Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturdays
- Seven to eight hour shifts; shifts range from 8am - 11pm
- Scheduled hours vary between 35 and 40 hours per week
- Driven by commissions
- Professional phone etiquette and typing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Earned Time-Off
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Direct Deposit