As an Accountant for Qatar Foundation International (QFI), with a budget of $12-15 million, you will report to the Senior Director, Finance, Grants, and Administration and oversee the timely and accurate processing of monthly billing and payroll, create expense entries, make deposits, and perform credit card reconciliations. We will rely on you to communicate policies to the staff and act as a resource for managing accounting deadlines and other accounting needs. This is an engaged, hands-on role where you will touch a wide spectrum of accounting needs, making you an integral part of the entire organization.
You will work with our outside accounting firm as we transition to in-house accounting. Because we are a grant-making organization and work with a lot of outside consultants and vendors, you will manage a large volume of international accounts payable transactions.
QFI works to engage a global community of diverse learners and educators. We focus on student-centered learning environments that foster a deeper understanding of the Arab world through the teaching of Arabic and Arab society and culture. We partner with primary and secondary schools, universities, multilateral entities, and other philanthropic organizations to ensure that their Arab culture and language programs advance students' understanding of the Arab world. As QFI’s 10th-anniversary approaches (2019-2020), this is an exciting period of reflection and organizational growth.
Responsibilities of the Accountant
Qualifications of the Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree is required in business administration, finance, and/or accounting combined with 5 - 10 years of work experience.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in a global nonprofit environment desired.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Ability to think critically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and countries.
- Strong familiarity with relevant U.S. government regulations and laws.
- Understanding of debits and credits to apply in daily job duties.
- Strong accounts payable experience.
Attributes of the Accountant
- Detail oriented. Your impeccable work style sets the standard. You have command of both the process and the details. You get it done right the first time.
- Organized. Your attention to detail is supported by your meticulous organization skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Judgment. While we work closely together, we trust you to exercise independent judgment, do your job well, and know when to escalate potential issues and seek guidance from senior staff.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes and are consistent with your follow through.
- Problem solver. You dive in without being asked and you work with a sense of urgency. You are approachable, flexible, and responsive.
- Discreet. While you are friendly to all, you divulge nothing confidential to anyone and never give the impression to anyone that you are holding any confidential information.
- Customer oriented. You cooperate easily with staff, vendors, and clients, working as a positive team player. You have a strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Scrupulous, ethical, and honest. You are beyond reproach in business dealings. Internally and externally, you are known to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy.
To Apply for the Accountant position:
Simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “QFI ‑ Accountant #2019-2492 CB" as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.