TRACE is a non-profit membership association that pools resources to provide practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries. We have an opening for a Director of Operations, reporting to the President, in our corporate offices in Annapolis, Maryland.
The Director of Operations supports all back-office administrative and technical functions, covering Human Resources, Information Technology, Finances, and Facilities, and is a major contributor to sustaining our growth. In particular, the Director of Operations works with other business areas in ensuring strong project supervision for improvements to our essential business software applications.
· Department management:
o Directs and supports the IT Manager and team, with a challenging agenda of continuous technical improvements plus completion and maintenance of ISO 27001 standards.
o Directs and supports the HR Manager and team, including through full implementation of an HRIS system.
o Directs and supports the Accounting Manager and team, with a focus on financial planning and projections, along with strong internal controls.
o Manages administrative staff for front-desk and other support for all departments.
o Reviews and evaluates business procedures ranging from office expenses to real estate assets.
· Application development oversight:
o Provides overall project supervision on out-sourced software development projects related to the existing complex applications that support our business.
o Manages cross-department application change request priorities.
· Manages third-party vendor contracts and relationships; in particular, manages facility leases and related areas.
· Develops and implements organizational and departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance by monitoring, providing training and taking corrective action as needed.
· Ensures that TRACE operates in conformity with the law and established regulations as it relates to Operations.
· Streamlines and supervises business processes in Operations.
· Uses sound business judgement to quickly and effectively resolve problems that arise on a daily basis.
· Master's degree in Business, Finance, or related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant management experience; OR a Bachelor's degree in a business-related field and at least ten (10) years of experience in a management capacity.
· Experience in supervising vendors and managing software application development projects.
· Experience with maintaining and developing operational statistics, financial management information, and results reporting.
· Skilled at managing employees and teams; experience as an HR Manager is not expected.
· Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously.
· Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
· Ability to analyze and act upon legal or regulatory requirements.
· Strong collaboration, interpersonal & facilitation skills.