Responsible for achieving Assisted Living sales and Independent Living sales and revenue goals.
The Sales Counselor speaks with prospective residents and their families, manage the administrative aspects of Ascension Living (AL) sales process, and answer questions about the community’s apartments. Responsible for generating leads, lead management, sales presentations, closing sales, and for meeting monthly sales expectations. This is a full-time position and may require some Saturday coverage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and/or improve upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans to include completing sales calls and closing sales.
- Achieve individual sales goals and targets (call-outs, appointments, sales, closings, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources.
- Ensure that each prospect receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every prospect, maintaining solid product knowledge, and all other aspects of customer service.
- Work with other sales team members and community management to plan, coordinate, and implement monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events.
- Work in collaboration with other sales team members in developing and executing sales plans to achieve community occupancy goals.
- Maintain prospect interest and commitments through continuous follow-up.
- Follow organizational procedures in lead tracking and maintain current records of all leads and prospects as required by the organization.
- Professionally represent the organization at public and community functions and foster a positive image of the community.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum three years sales experience required. Sales experience within a senior living environment preferred.
- Proven history of achieving and exceeding sales goals required.
- Proven experience to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales systems. Consultative selling skills highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of senior housing and referral sources preferred.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services required. Knowledge and understanding of the senior market and various senior living products preferred.
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.