POSITION Summary: The Compliance Officer has responsibility for maintaining the compliance management framework for Live Oak. The compliance framework covers a broad range of financial services and business activities, including (i) commercial and consumer lending, (ii) deposit products and services, (iii) financial services complementary to banking, and (iv) new business and activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Compliance Officer, directly or through oversight responsibility:
- Serve as the Bank’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for regulatory compliance, specifically regarding depository regulations, lending regulations and electronic banking.
- Assist with an annual risk assessment that supports and drives the prioritization and thoroughness of the compliance plan.
- Monitor implementation of the compliance work plan, including regular testing and review of department activities.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance.
- Provide guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve business' understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
- Advise business units on implementing appropriate policies, procedures and controls. Monitor adequacy of the policies and controls and ensure they remain current and relevant.
- Participate in compliance reviews of marketing activities.
- Work with business unit managers to prepare risk assessments of new products and services for presentation to the Corporate Risk Committee (CRC).
1. Functions in a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
2. Stays current with products and services the Bank is offering and with applicable laws and regulations.
3. Performs other duties as required.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Must be self-motivated, self-starter who can multi-task and independently handle tasks with little oversight
· Sound judgment
· Detail oriented and possess strong, demonstrable organizational skills
· High proficiency in MS Office
· In-depth knowledge of banking regulations and strong policies, procedures criteria
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field.
· Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Certification (or similar) Preferred
· 3 - 5 years of industry related experience in compliance functions required
· Experience and expertise in current technology applications for financial services and compliance to support a Digitally driven bank is preferred
· Experience with compliance programs for financial services complementary to banking (i.e., trust, investment advisory, fintech) is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
· Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
· The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
· The ability to work long hours and to multitask
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Learning, thinking, concentration
· The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
· The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
· The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Attention To Detail