To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Engineer lll
Vangst • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for engineering design and support. Responsibilities will include schematic design, PCB layout, programming, lab stewardship and more. The engineer will be expected to take ownership of the electrical engineering of new and existing products across their lifecycle. Additionally, the engineer may provide technical support of selected R&D projects. The position reports directly to the Director of Electrical Engineering and will be expected to work cross-functionally with other teams including Design, Mechanical Engineer, Marketing, Operations, etc.
Design excellent schematics using technical expertise including analog/digital circuit design,
power management, component selection and circuit simulation.
- Apply skillset to PCB layouts and partner with manufacturer for mass production.
- Analyze and evaluate system designs for DFMA best practices.
- Optimize system designs for cost, functionality and performance.
- Create and support programming for main micro-controller including I/O control, capacitive sensing, A2D, UART communication, memory management, etc.
- Support offshore manufacturing through creating test systems and procedures, engineering guidance, defect analysis/reports, etc.
- Assist research and development efforts through engineering expertise, intensive unit testing and prototyping.
- Maintain excellent documentation using in-house documentation procedures.
- Support cross-functional teams with technical assistance as needed.
- Manage electronics laboratory equipment including ordering tools and components.
- Familiarity with Scrum framework and owning sprints / participation in Scrum teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or ECE. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience. Familiarity with end manufacturing preferred.
- Expertise in electronic hardware system design including schematics, PCB layouts, etc. including SMT components.
- Proficiency in EDA software tools such as Orcad and SPICE simulation.
- Adept programming skills (C++, Java, Python, etc.).
- Exceptional communication skills with internal / external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams.
- Experience with engineering using Scrum framework preferred but not required.
- Available for domestic and/or international travel if needed.
- Professional, driven, focused and enthusiastic. Previous startup experience preferred but not required.