Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Examine, sort, and route mail. Load, operate, and occasionally adjust and repair mail processing, sorting, and canceling machinery. Keep records of shipments, pouches, and sacks; and other duties related to mail handling within the postal service.
Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Examine, sort, and route mail. Load, operate, and occasionally adjust and repair mail processing, sorting, and canceling machinery. Keep records of shipments, pouches, and sacks; and other duties related to mail handling within the postal service
As a Presorter, You have:
- Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
- Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a work share partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We are a company built on the belief that success can be measured by the strength of the relationships we cultivate. Our consistent record of delivering positive results stems directly from our devotion to sustained, mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships with our clients, within our industry and in the marketplace.
View the full profile
Our Core Values
- Operate with the utmost integrity to ensure that all relationships are built on trust
- Communicate in a straightforward and transparent manner
- Build a reputation that will serve as a positive reflection on our clients and candidates
We respect the people that we work with. We rely on trust and integrity to build, maintain, and create strong relationships within the marketplace. We have found that a sincere approach generates positive results, which is why we have integrated it into the foundation of our practice.
At Lyneer, we operate openly and mindfully. We share our resources and welcome response. We understand that the right employee can make all the difference in the prosperity of a business. With this idea in mind, we employ a consultative approach and honest communication to make the most of the role that work plays in the lives of our clients.
Lyneer Staffing Solutions is a pioneer in the staffing industry. We work to place ourselves at the forefront of the industry so that we can present our clients with best in class staffing solutions. Additionally, we utilize our advanced methodology to shape the industry, itself.
Our mission is to generate long term mutually rewarding relationships; we endeavor to uphold strong relationships with the people we work with, to cultivate relationships between the best talent and the best employment, and to create a positive relationship with the communities in which we operate.