To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- LaGrange, GA
- Ashley Parker
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager – Food Service (Management / Restaurant Manager)
Five Star Food Service, Inc. • LaGrange, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who says Managers in the food service industry can’t enjoy work / life balance? Are you ready to have more of a 9 to 5 career along with opportunities for advancement? Five Star Food Service is seeking a Manager to join our growing company in a thriving industry with unlimited potential!
In less than 20 years, Five Star has grown into one of the largest, full-line vending, micro market, office coffee and food services providers in the United States. We are a dominant presence across the Southeast, including Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.
Employee retention is high at Five Star Food Service for good reason. Candidates with proven success in exceeding customer expectation in the food industry join our family and are thrilled to find a whole new world that combines the passion of culinary work with the flexibility and benefits of a corporate job. Our customer-centric business model means that we create an employee dining experience that fits the culture and needs of the businesses we serve…and matches our employees to the right environment where they can thrive and grow their careers with us.
The Manager directs the daily activities of a single dining service unit or multiple dining units and is responsible for the maintenance of established standards for quality and service through analyzing areas for improvement. This position ensures that financial information is reported accurately and in a timely fashion, and coordinates the individual and collective efforts of their staff to meet the goals of our client contracts.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Training staff and effectively communicating expectations
- Monitoring daily performance of staff; complying with established timetables for production and financial reporting; ensuring quality of product and services produced by staff; overseeing sanitation / handling practices of assigned units; complying with established standards and local health department codes
- Consistently inspecting areas of assigned responsibility and monitoring standards and making recommendations for change (menu, pricing, staffing levels, etc.)
- Supervising staff in a consistently fair manner; maintaining steady productivity through close observation; adjusting daily schedule with personnel changes as necessary to complete essential duties and provide maximum customer service
- Consistently taking actions necessary to implement staff promotions, training, and disciplinary action
- Monitoring customer service and staffing levels at all assigned locations; making adjustments as necessary to ensure efficient service is provided at all times
- Monitoring customer purchases to establish trends; making recommendations for future purchases
- Meeting routinely with Company management to communicate needs, exchange information, and to remain current with daily operational task and information
The successful Manager – Food Service should have a proven track record of success managing employees and activities in a food service or restaurant setting. Computer skills are required to document weekly activity, manage inventory, create signage, and communicate with department heads and other key contacts within the organization. Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook is necessary.
Please note this position is located in LaGrange, GA
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated math, writing, and verbal skills (i.e., ability to calculate recipe extensions or reductions based on customer headcount to serve; ability to calculate cost of goods sold to ensure compliance with budget; ability to calculate wages to ensure compliance with staffing levels)
- Interpersonal skills that display: leadership, adaptability, being personable, professionalism, and a “go-getter" attitude
- As this is a “hands-on / roll-up-your-sleeves" role, it requires the ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions that adhere to the overall goals and expectations of the client(s) served for optimum satisfaction
- Proven customer service experience / success
- Ability to work while excessively walking and standing in a cafeteria environment
- Ability to give direction to cafeteria staff while on site in a dynamic and fluid environment
- May be required to push heavy loads on a cart as well as lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform a variety of positions as staffing needs demand
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guest and employees
- Though primarily a 9-5 - Monday-Friday position, ideal candidates must be able to occasionally work long hours, a varied schedule, or widely diverse duties
- Previous culinary experience, a plus
We offer competitive salaries along with the ability to be promoted as we hire from within as much as possible.
Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive benefits package that include medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistant Program
- Annual Review with salary increases
- Free meals!
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Sick benefits
- Uniforms and shoes
- Training and career development opportunities
At Five Star, our business philosophy is anchored in the traditional principles of integrity, quality, and customer focus. We work hard and pride ourselves on providing our customers with the food and refreshment solutions that meet their exact needs while delivering their employees and guests a delicious, satisfying experience. Simply put, we believe in keeping our customers’ needs at the center of our attention. Our clientele trusts us to always honor our commitments and demonstrate the highest ethical conduct at all times.
Our operations include an ever-growing network of 14 branches and a culinary center where we prepare fresh food daily. We currently employ over eight hundred people, staffing over 300 vending routes, over 300 micro markets, 36 cafeterias, and numerous support functions, and we are also the largest Canteen franchisee in the country.
Five Star Food Service Careers offer valuable training, hands-on experience, growth opportunities, and rewards every step of the way. If you are one of these special people driven by customer satisfaction, apply today!.