Position: Director of Nursing
Duration: 03+ Months Contract (Possible Extension)
Location: 451 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203 (Kings County Hospital)
Shift Timings: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
• The Director of Nursing works closely with the System Chief Nurse Executive/Senior Vice President and will assume a central coordinating and facilitating role for executive-level interactions and relationships with key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team of the Office of Patient Centered Care (OPCC); central office and facility leadership within H+H; and city and state officials.
• S/he will be an active participant in significant strategic discussions, while also managing the day-to-day operations of the operations and credentialing team.
• S/he will supervise administrative functions of OPCC, including staffing oversight, budgetary and other financial management, and stewardship of a project management system.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the OPCC senior leadership team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for managing agency temporary staff and vendors.
- S/he will also develop and manage systems required for compliance, reporting, payment, and audit.
- Help System Chief Nurse Executive/Senior Vice President organize and manage rapid-response projects arising from specific delivery system needs.
- S/he would stand up a cross-disciplinary team, develop a collaboration cadence, and shepherd discussion into deliverables in an accelerated timeframe.
- This broad set of roles, spanning substantive engagement, process management, and effective development of critical interpersonal and organizational relationships, requires a seasoned and cross-functional candidate capable of both strategic thinking but also a roll-your-sleeves up mentality toward execution.
• Experience working in or closely with executives, with demonstrable ability to forge and nurture effective working relationships with a wide variety of strong and experienced executives and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to operate at both the strategic and operational levels of care delivery systems.
• Proven ability to develop and track business plans, budgets, workforce projections, and performance and financial reports with ease.
• Working understanding of federal and state healthcare initiatives and regulations, including accountable care organizations, other federal and state initiatives, as well as private sector trends and initiatives.
• Experience with New York City's healthcare industries, including major hospital systems, other significant providers, city and state agencies, and relevant community-based organizations and agencies.
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans.
• Creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify areas of common ground across potentially competing points-of¬ view.
• Excellent communications skills, including written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, build credibility and trust across all levels of an organization.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple projects simultaneously and delegate responsibilities when appropriate.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and the stress of undertaking multiple projects at one time.
• Minimum of four years of high-level responsible experience in nursing administration, three years of which shall have been in a hospital OR
• A satisfactory equivalent. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
• A Master's Degree in Nursing Administration or an equivalent field.
• Advanced-level competency in use of tools supporting all job duties, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and project management software.
· Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State
- Compliance, Reporting, Payment, And Audit
- Director Of Nursing
- Financial Management
- Operational Planning
- Registered Nurse License
- Strategic Management Professional