Centra Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team as a full-time Mortgage Loan Originator located in Shelbyville/Greensburg Indiana. The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for origination of residential mortgages in line with personal production goals assigned by senior management. Interviews and counsels prospective members regarding residential mortgage and consumer products. Takes mortgage applications and cross sells consumer products. Focused on relationship building and delivery at high level of customer service on a consistent basis, maintains an on-going relationship with local realtors, builders, and Centra communities at large. Attends real estate community meetings and participates in special promotional events to promote the credit union.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve personal production budget for residential mortgage loans.
- Takes new mortgage loan applications, cross sells consumer products and interviews members regarding mortgage loan requests.
- Informs members and realtors of loan application status.
- Monthly attends outside association meetings for purpose of self-development and assists in representing the credit union at realtor meetings.
- Calls on realtors in targeted geographic market area for the purpose of soliciting mortgage loans for the credit union.
- Prepares and delivers open house information sheets and mortgage rate sheets to realtors’ open house weekly.
- Identifies and generates leads for new business partners through cold calls, direct mailings, and branch referrals.
- Organizes with business partners to sponsor events within that introduce the credit union to potential members and creates opportunities for membership sign-up events within the business partners' premises.
- Maintains a close working relationship with branch managers.
This Mortgage Loan Originator requires skills in the following areas:
- One to three year’s related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience, may be considered
- This position requires an Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Mortgage Lending Knowledge
- Secondary Market Background
- Requires interpersonal, sales, analytical, public speaking, organization and PC skills
- NMLS Registration (or ability to receive) and have a valid Driver’s License
Centra Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer