OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our HVAC Service Facility Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical structure as required.
Specifically, the HVAC Service Facility Technician will:
- Install, service, and repair environmental control systems in commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout
- Mount compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Install evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools
- Cut and bend tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
- Cut and thread pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Join tubing or pipe to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solder joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant
- Install expansion and discharge valves in circuit
- Connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connect control panels to power source
- Install air and water filters in completed installation.
- Inject small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure
- Observe pressure and vacuum gauges and adjust controls to ensure efficient operation
- Test joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution
- Wrap pipes in insulation batting and secure them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment
- Repair, and service air-conditioners, ranging from one to forty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory buildings.
- Repair and maintain physical structures of commercial and industrial establishments, such as factories, office buildings and apartment houses, using hand tools and power tools
- Replace defective electrical switches and other fixtures
- Paint structures, and repair woodwork with carpenter's tools
- Repair plumbing fixtures.
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring and testing instruments
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment
- Carpenter work
- Cement work
- Electric work
- Drywall patching
- Provide support and advise staff
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- 3-4 years of experience with commercial HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Experience working with contractors and other trades
- Mature judgement and capable of being bonded
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Required to work outside of the normal office hours including “on-call” time
- Good organizational skills
- Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs. with assistance as necessary
- Perform detailed work above the head, and work in a standing position
- Must be able to work in a quick paced environment
- Knowledge of the operation of a forklift
- Good follow-up skills
To learn more about OTTO, please visit our website at https://www.ottoexcellence.com
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
OTTO is a manufacturer for demanding applications which are used across various industries; private and governmental. Some of our parts include switches in the medical and aviation industries. Our grips are used in helicopters and heavy machinery. Our communication devices include speaker microphones which are used by police officers and emergency personnel throughout the world. Our products are durable because people’s lives depend on our products working properly. OTTO prides itself on making durable quality products and providing excellence to its customers.
View the full profile
Celebrating 50 years of Excellence:
The OTTO Dream:
With confidence in his ability and faith in the American dream, Jack Roeser started OTTO in the basement of his Park Ridge, Illinois home in July of 1961. Jack used an initial investment of $5,000, along with his military, business and engineering experience to design push button and rotary switches.
OTTO Makes the Move:
By 1968, OTTO had developed a solid reputation as a high-quality switch manufacturer. Floor capacity in Morton Grove was being pushed to the limit and it was time to expand. The town of Carpentersville, located about 30 miles west of Morton Grove, had space available at an abandoned liquor store. OTTO purchased the building and sold the leftover liquor inventory, coolers and refrigerators to help pay for the building. Carpentersville became OTTO’s permanent home.
Tom Roeser joins OTTO:
In January of 1987, Jack’s son Tom joined the company as General Manager and assumed responsibility for OTTO’s day to day activities. By applying his knowledge and experience, as well as his life history growing up in the shadow of OTTO, revenues continued to climb rapidly. The combination of Jack’s entrepreneurial spirit with Tom’s business acumen and engineering skills solidified OTTO’s foundation as a world class engineering and manufacturing organization.
OTTO Focuses on the Future:
OTTO now begins the journey through the next half century. With OTTO’s focus on new product development and value-added services, OTTO is prepared with new equipment, room to expand and a growing staff. Plans are in place to continue OTTO’s focus on meeting the needs of customers with demanding applications around the globe. Because of OTTO’s vertical integration and ability to engineer value into specific product designs, customers seek OTTO’s expertise in solving challenging problems.
Keeping the OTTO Culture:
A strong family bond flows throughout the organization and at the root of OTTO’s success is the fine employees who arrive every day and commit to total customer satisfaction.