Base Salary + Incentive. Full Benefits.
Loan Officer Job Description
Located in Los Angeles
My Client is a national leader in mission-based lending to small business owners.Through its 25+ years in business, the not-for-profit has established itself as a leading SBA 504 lender.
My Client is aggressively expanding its program offerings and services in non-SBA product lines with a continued emphasis on creating jobs and success for entrepreneurs.
Looking for proactive, performance-oriented professionals through this growth phase.We offer a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits and a work culture that is second-to-none.
The Loan Officer is responsible for developing loan prospects within a defined market for a variety of loan programs.The ideal candidate will generate a productive business referral network of banks and support organizations, establish themselves as a resource for small business and economic development industry professionals and create a steady pipeline of leads for loan pre-qualification.
Compensation will include a base salary with incentive payouts based on delivery of prequalified loans to the loan production team and ultimate loan fundings generated from the pipeline.
- Market and promote business services to centers of influence (COI’s), banks, non-bank lenders, small business support and networking organizations, government agencies and other entities that can provide access to entrepreneurs seeking credit.
- Develop invitation opportunities for speaking engagements to groups or individuals that will yield loan leads and expand the loan referral network within the assigned territory.
- Represent my Client at business and industry events.
- Review basic financial data (tax returns and financial statements) to pre-qualify and analyze loan applications for eligibility and credit worthiness using credit guidelines and spreadsheet tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or finance related field from a recognized college or university – or – equivalent qualifying experience in sales.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in finance products or services.
- General knowledge of commercial or small business credit, preferably in a mission based or SBA loan department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent sales techniques and presentation skills with an ability to educate key audiences on a variety of lending programs and advantages to working with my Client.
- Proven track record of prospecting new businesses and developing referral networks.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.