NSC Technologies is currently seeking skilled Sheetmetal Mechanics for JACKSONVILLE, FL!
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience and the ability to perform all necessary physical duties of this position. Sheetmetal Mechanics are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safety, with the highest quality in a professional manner. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply.
***Work Location: Jacksonville, Florida!!!
***Must be able to obtain base access and shipyard access***
***Per Diem to all those who qualify***
- Candidate applies appropriate processes to layout-reference points and dimensions on sheets, plates, tubes, and structural shapes for fabricating, welding and assembling into structural metal products.
- Plans develops and layout as outlined in blueprints and templates, applying trigonometry, product design, effects of heat and allowance for curvature and thickness of metal.
- Work Package review and compliance
- Manage procurement of materials, subcontractors and equipment needed for the awarded contract.
- Coordinate with Production Manager to ensure projects are run efficiently, profitably and on schedule.
- Coordinate shop drawing process (detailer, AutoCAD department & customer drawings).
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation, and anchor the units.
- Convert blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction and assembly of sheet metal products.
- Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds in order to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools
Essential Duties & Job Functions :
- Compiling a detailed schedule of activities, including pre-fabrication, fabrication, assembly, integration and test.
- Must have a strong math background in geometry, algebra and trigonometry and be able to perform and interrupt calculations associated with metal fabrication and production.
- Calculating and presenting the requirements in detail needed to deliver the production plan, covering labor, equipment and materials and then gaining plan acceptance from the relevant departmental managers.
- Minimum of 5 years Shipyard Experience
- Possess knowledge, skills and abilities to lay out, fabricate, assemble, modify, repair, and install sheet metal products.
- Have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Be qualified with operation of powered machinery/tooling/equipment, relevant to the trade skill
- Be qualified to use precision measuring instruments normally associated with cognizant trade
- Be able to identify hazardous materials and working conditions and apply the proper safety precautions and PPE required for each
- Have a working knowledge of the MSDS, flash points and explosive limits for each hazardous material used
Must have completed a trade apprenticeship (five years or have achieved journeyman level experience), in the ship/marine repair industry in the trade specified.
Competitive pay (**WEEKLY PAY)
- Must be able to pass a 7 Year Background Check that is required for Base Access
- Must be able to pass drug screening requirements
- Must be able to work for 8 to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to work 6-7 days a week
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION OR CALL LISA @ 904.372.0314
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.