Looking for a Food and Beverage Manager for our resort Cibolo Creek Ranch https://www.cibolocreekranch.com located in the Big Bend region of Texas.
This property sits on 30,000 acres of land that is home to buffalo, elk, mountain lions and other exotic wildlife. The ranch also boasts a long history in the film industry with films such as Giant, No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood having been filmed on the property. The resort has also hosted notable film and music stars such as Mick Jagger, Julia Roberts, Bruce Willis and Tommy Lee Jones.
Cibolo Creek Ranch
Located south of Marfa, TX (Big Bend region)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Food and Beverage Manager
Effectively lead and manage the staff and operations of the food and beverage department, ensuring the delivery of superior food and beverage menu items and services that will provide guests with a memorable experience. Hands on manager. Take ownerships of the financial aspects of operations pertaining to the role, while creating a work environment consistent with our values.
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support team members ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with resort core values.
- Create and implement SOP’s for all shifts for outlets, room service and events.
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in food and beverage outlets, ensuring food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared according to recipe and to guest specifications.
- Ensure the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and team members.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure the appearance of facilities is appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers with high level of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Participate in marketing efforts of the restaurants & events as directed.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlets and events.
- Document inventory, forecast usage and monitor supply so restaurants are adequately stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, in order to provide service.
- Abide by all regulations and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Help develop and implement sustainability guidelines and practices
- Practice safe work habits and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Able to implement menu engineering
- Experience creating a strategic wine and spirit list in a luxury hotel. Ideal candidate is familiar with Wine Spectator awards of excellence requirements and Sommelier level one certification (Tasting techniques. Cellar organisation and management. Service of wine. Decanting. Winemaking. Sparkling wine production).
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum 2 years management & leadership experience in similar role at a boutique luxury resort required.
- Qualifications and full compliance with all requirements listed in the job description.
- Proven track record as a hospitality leader and team player.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working various shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires ability to navigate throughout the operation lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests and associates verbally and in writing with fluency in English and Spanish.
Coaching And Mentoring