To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10550 Deerwood Park Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Brooklyn Stabile
- Phone: 904-855-1260
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TOTE Maritime • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose of Job:
The Legal Assistant is a highly motivated, independent problem-solver that will become an integral team member to a dynamic Legal Department. The position directly supports the General Counsel.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Legal Services and Support
• Ensure proper administration of broad array of legal matters and efficient functioning of department.
• Manage litigation/claims support including tracking deadlines, coordinating between outside counsel and
internal clients, preparing draft responses, issuing litigation holds, investigating factual allegations, etc.
• Provide initial review and preparation of certain legal documents including Non-disclosure Agreements,
independent contractor agreements and other form agreements, including the processing of certain legal
documents for signature.
• Coordinate and assist with the review of legal documents by outside counsel.
• Assist with development and administration of a legal forms database.
• Coordinate due diligence on various transactions as needed.
• Assist on projects as assigned by the General Counsel.
• Take notes at in-house counsel and other meetings and prepare initial drafts of minutes.
• Assist with management of legal and compliance resources, including intranet portal site, online research
subscriptions, and similar tools and technology.
• Assist with preparation of reports and administration of vendor invoices through Legal Tracker e-billing
• Assist with the management preparation and formatting of presentations, reports, and other documents.
• Assist with corporate records management and administration (e.g., maintain repository of current contracts
and assist with tracking renewals and other contractual requirements).
• Support administration of hotline, including coordinating with business units to resolve matters within
protocol timeline and other requirements.
• Assist with tracking, evaluation, and administration of Ethics & Compliance program evaluation scorecard.
• Assist with development and administration of Compliance training program.
• Assist with development, maintenance, and administration of corporate policies (e.g., maintain repository of
current policies and assist with researching and benchmarking policy best practices).
• Assist Risk Management with the preparation of insurance claims including obtaining responsive information
from the business units communications and preparing other documentation.
• Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with tracking and administration of the
Enterprise Risk Management program’s risk assessments and associated mitigation measures.
• Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with compiling and tracking uninsured legal
and compliance risks.
• Assist in special projects (such as planning and coordination of risk manager best practice sharing meetings).
• Manage General Counsel’s calendar, including internal and external contacts.
• Keep General Counsel on track with schedule, travel and daily meeting cadence.
• Operate as direct point of contact for General Counsel and legal department internally and externally.
• Provide travel planning management for General Counsel, including reconciliation of travel expenses and
process expenses for approval/payment.
• Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities/rooms, and meeting
minutes for General Counsel.
• Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence for General Counsel.
• Assist with preparation of agendas, minutes, and related materials for legal and compliance meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years in a similar role desired.
• Experience working in legal, compliance, contract admin or related helpful, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills required.
• A team player who is committed to the success of the organization.
• Previous experience working in a team oriented, collaborative work environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks, prioritize, and provide a
high-quality work product with excellent attention to detail under tight deadlines.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office. Experience with Concur, Westlaw, SharePoint, Legal Tracker and
contract management systems is a plus.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards and respect confidentiality of sensitive matters.