Truck Service Assistant General Manager
Industry professionals, are you excited to work with a company that will reward your hard work and dedication? Are you looking for a company that provides education and opportunities for career growth and personal development? At TravelCenters (TA/Petro/TA-Express), we provide you with the tools and training you need to be successful and grow within our industry leading truck service team.
We are now looking for an experienced Assistant Truck Service Manager to join our team! Our Truck Service team is comprised of nearly 3,000 highly skilled technicians and spans coast to coast. With over 225 locations across the country, TA has a solid foundation and a forward thinking vision. The Assistant General Manager provides vital support to the General Manager in leading the marketing and operations functions of the Truck Service business unit.
In this role, you can expect to:
● Be the leader and inspire your team to meet and exceed company performance standards and maximize the potential of the Truck Service department (i.e. fast and friendly customer service, good product knowledge, up-beat atmosphere, professional language, etc.)
● Embody a professional demeanor and a high level of character, honesty and integrity in conducting the business affairs. Inspire all team members to do the same
● Develop a trusting atmosphere that is conducive to receiving feedback from team members and guests; coach, discipline, and/or terminate the staff according to company policy
● Recruit, hire, train and retain high-quality employees according to company guidelines and create a culture where employees feel respected and recognized for their achievements.
● Creatively solve problems and develop robust solutions
● Conduct visual inspections to ensure that all products and services are available
● Maintain a pleasant and welcome appearance to our customers. (i.e. restrooms, showers, signage, lighting, parking lot condition, air conditioning, heating, snow removal…etc.)
● Help achieve financial objectives through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components
● Adhere to safety standard, comply with standards of operation and follow company guidelines on vendor relationships
With us, you’ll enjoy:
● Competitive wages and annual bonus opportunity
● Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
● 401(k) with a company match
● Paid vacation and holidays
● Tuition reimbursement
● On-site meal discounts
● A wide variety of discounts on technology, travel, food and fuel
● Opportunity for growth and advancement with company paid training
● Relocation Assistance (relocation not required)
This job description does not list all duties for this position. TA Operating LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States required.
Job Type: Full-time