To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative
Lufthansa Cargo AG • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cargo Lufthansa Cargo, one of the world’s leading global air carriers, is seeking an energetic and motivated sales professional to fill the position of Outside Sales Representative at our Chicago , IL office.
- The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for opportunity management and sales visits in coordination with Inside Sales and Manager Sales & Handling or Manager Sales. S/he performs structured sales visits and opportunity acquisition in coordination with Inside Sales.
- Outside Sales and Inside Sales Representatives work together as a team to serve all customers of the specific market.
Within the operational targets set by the Head of Sales & Handling (F/GC), the local Manager Sales & Handling (F/GC-G) or local Manager Sales (F/GC-X), the Outside Sales Representative performs the following duties:
Sales and Relationship Management
- Achieves sales budget targets for assigned accounts
- Creates rate offers, with and without guarantee of transportation
- Enters into transportation agreements with customers
- Identifies and manages opportunities with existing customers with the goal to negotiate new profitable business focused on long-term or regular business
- Acquires new customers and identifies new business with the help of LCAG sales tools and external sources of information
- Performs market and account analysis and develops action plans using customer relationship information and internal reports in cooperation with Inside Sales and Commercial Team
- Organizes and performs sales visits including presentations to customers with the aim to market the LCAG product and service portfolio and involves Inside Sales Representative as required
- Organizes customer events
- Maintains customer data and captures sales activities in the CRM tool
- Actively pushes the eChannel usage and promotes eAWB
- Manages capacity agreements such as LTCs in co-operation with Revenue Management as described in the Sales Rule Book
- (Re-)Negotiates special rate agreements and LTCs as per Sales Rule Book considering market developments and customer’s performance
- Develops and sells customer-oriented logistic solutions in collaboration with the Handling department and the Inside Sales Team
- Shares information about activities, offers, strengths and weaknesses of his customers with Commercial Manager, Inside Sales, Sales (&Handling) Manager and Key Account Management.
- Actively supports the local customer segmentation process.
- Acts as “touch point” for Claims and Complaints and transfers them to Regional Customer Solutions Team (CST), respectively to the Claims departments and/or the accounting team following the process. Promotes the usage of eClaims/Complaints.
- Performs all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Local / Regional Specifics:
- Is responsible for presenting LCAG product and service portfolio as well as providing sales support and consultancy to customers (forwarding agents and shippers) and colleagues.
- Creates new product specific contacts, for targeted mailings/visits and events.
- Product specific trainings and marketing
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- 2-3 years previous cargo experience, preferred sales experience or in a related area such as in the transport and logistics industry.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- Airfreight, Logistics, Transportation, Sales desirable knowledge.
- LH training courses desirable.
- Computer skills as user.
- Advanced IT knowledge, preferably including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of all relevant LH Cargo systems.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
*Cover letter required.
*Company may provide relocation assistance.
We offer a competitive salary and fringe benefits, including tuition reimbursement, flight privileges, 401(k) with enhanced company match, medical, dental, disability, EAP, vision, and life insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer by choice
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.