Protects Spotlight 29 Casino, Tortoise Rock Casino and other Tribal property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing standby and security functions. May respond to medical situations and render preliminary first aid to patrons and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
· Provide general security services for the protection of tribal members, tribal property, guests, and employees.
· Document suspicious persons and/or activities on prescribed departmental forms.
· Perform gaming related standbys, carry out chip transfers, and stand security posts.
· Inspect assigned areas for security and/or safety breaches and report any potential situations to supervisor.
· Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
· Record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
· Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at Casino to maintain orderly flow.
· Provide preliminary first aid instructions before paramedics arrive.
· Issue and receive security passes and maintain visitor log.
· Possess knowledge of Casino services and promotions and the location thereof.
· Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
· Must present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
· Must follow all safety policies and procedures; attend all scheduled safety meetings, and training as a condition of employment.
· Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Should possess 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Work under pressure, especially in emergency situations.
· Ability to add, subtract, and perform simple multiplication and division tasks.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must pass a periodic random drug screens
· Must pass pre-employment physical
· Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
· Must be able to obtain Tribal Gaming License
· Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
· Must obtain and maintain CPR First Aid Certification and AED
· Must possess and maintain a Bureau of Security and Investigative Services CA Guard Card.
· Must possess a Baton certification
· Must possess a Pepper Spray certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, and/or listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, motor vehicles, and extreme variations in temperature.
· The employee will be exposed to extreme variations in noise level in the work environment.
· The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days a week; therefore, the employee must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
· The Casino is a gaming facility.
· The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.