· The Production Planner will be the focal point for the execution of daily activities to deliver high quality, highly engineered development and production hardware on-time to its customers.
· Will be responsible for the timely performance of various manufacturing tasks ranging from requirements planning through the shipment of deliverables in support of NASA and DoD Programs.
· Interface with cross-functional IPD to ensure schedules are adhered to with proper sense of urgency to achieve customer delivery requirements
· Monitor production schedules and advance materials through assembly and test operations
· Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with the execution of production plans
· Release production orders, compile historical build folders, and assemble hardware kits in support of 100% on-time starts
· Coordinate the utilization of outside processes and the shipment of hardware to customers
· Conduct root cause analysis when goals are not met and initiate corresponding corrective actions
· Initiate and support process improvement initiatives
· Associate’s /Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· Experience in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering disciplines preferred
· Experience in Planning, Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations, or a related field
· Strong planning and organization skills with ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
· Manage daily tasks and come back with solid results / solutions
· Ability to read engineering drawings
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups
· Knowledge of ACE and/or Lean Six Sigma is encouraged.
· US Citizenship required