Product Safety Engineer (Entry Level and Experienced) – Union City, CA
Position: Product Safety Engineer – Entry Level and Experienced
Product Safety Lab
Location: Union City, CA
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Our Product Safety Lab in Union City, CA immediate openings for entry level and experienced product safety engineers.
- Interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to electrical products under investigation.
- Create and implement test plans.
- Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
- Prepare certification reports and related documents.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and with clients.
- Review work prepared by other staff engineers
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the process of product safety certification, evaluation and testing; however, good entry level candidates will be trained.
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to both interface well with clients, and write certification reports.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Applicants with experience with another NRTL will have a better chance of success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- A BSEE or similar degree in a closely related field is strongly desired
Some travel time and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time.
This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume in MS Word format AND salary requirements to URL blocked - click to apply
Please indicate preferred location and whether or not you are willing to relocate.