Judd Builders, a division of the broad-based DePaul Group, started in the late 1950's building custom homes in and around Philadelphia.
Over our 50 plus-year history, Judd Builders has earned the reputation as a skilled and conscientious planner of communities with sensitivity to contemporary environmental issues, as well as concerns of its home buyers. We're a stable and reliable, financially diversified company with a strong reputation, run by people who care.
Currently, Judd Builders Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Superintendent for the Greater Philadelphia area.
The Project Assistant Superintendent's responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the Work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Assistant Project Superintendent's responsibility to protect and promote JUDD BUILDERS interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
• To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of each subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
• To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
• To assist the Project Manager and Senior Superintendent in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
• To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
• To coordinate, direct, monitor, and with the Senior Superintendent, inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, Suppliers and JUDD BUILDERS labor and material.
• To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract and Schedule of Values.
• To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a bulletin board is
installed on which all required safety notices are posted. To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
• To update BuilderTrend on a daily basis and be certain that a detailed accounting of work progress is documented
• To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
• To perform minor carpentry, finish and maintenance duties as needed in order to deliver homes on schedule and in accordance with JUDD BUILDERS high quality standards
To insure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs. Refer and adhere to the Judd Builders, Inc. Safety Manual for further instruction and OSHA regulations.
Employees must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use the following computer programs within a reasonable amount of time:
Microsoft Office Suite
This is a full time position offering an excellent salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401k.
For consideration please send resume with salary requirements to this post.
JUDD Builders is an equal opportunity employer and drug free environment