Responsible for the overall production department functions within the ARC Command, to include oversight of donations’ recruitment, transporting of all donation materials, processing of donated materials, shipment of donated materials to stores, property and equipment management and safety procedures. Specific support of all ARC Production teams, Director of Production, Transportation Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisors, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
A. PERSONNEL AND STAFFING
1. Support recruitment of Director of Production, in coordination with Administrator, and in accordance with ARC and TSA policies.
2. Provide support/guidance for disciplinary action in cooperation with the Administrator and in accordance with ARC and TSA policies.
3. Training Supervisory Personnel to perform duties in accordance with existing ARC and TSA policies
B. PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
1. Provide proper training, guidance and support to ensure that all Production Operations are run to the highest ARC and TSA Standards
2. Perform periodic inspections of warehouse processing operation; follow up with any irregularities. Inspections should occur at irregular intervals, and should cover quotas, quality, and pricing of all items to go to stores, auction, and recycling
3. Provide support and guidance to Centers to ensure timely completion of regular and accurate paper work. This includes daily production reports, safety reports, time keeping, etc.
C. TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS
1. Provide support and guidance to ensure trucks, tractors and trailers operate per ARC standards in a manner to support the production and retail operations in all Centers.
2. Provide support and guidance to setup and ensure efficient Transportation operations.
3. Provide support and guidance for donation operations to include donor tickets, CCC locations, donation bin placement, and donor relations.
4. Provide support and guidance to analyze ticket counts and donor routes to ensure greatest efficiency is realized.
5. Provide support and guidance to ensure loading and unloading of all Donations is safe and efficient.
D. PRODUCTION PROCESSING EQUIPMENT & PROPERTY
1. Periodically inspect the physical plant and its related equipment. Advise the Administrator of all deficiencies. Follow up to make sure all deficiencies are brought up to standard in a timely fashion. This should include windows, lights, interior and exterior paint, signage, doors, fixtures, bathrooms, floorings, backrooms, landscaping, etc.
2. Provide support and guidance on processing equipment periodically to ensure it is operating properly. This includes conveyor systems, compressors, printers, pricing equipment, telephones, alarms, balers, etc.
3. Make sure each property is kept clean and orderly both inside and outside.
E. OTHER DUTIES
1. AUDIT AS-IS auctions to ensure integrity and adherence to ARC and TSA STANDARDS
2. Visit thrift stores periodically to view distribution of product, etc.
3. Cooperate and coordinate with the Director of Retail Operations to mutually develop the most successful production and retail operation.
4. Prepare and hold Safety and Training meetings.
5. As requested by Administrator, provide support and guidance for a Center Reviews.
6. Provide ARCC Director of Production Operations with weekly or as needed, full reports of progress of assigned duties.
7. Other duties as assigned by TSA or ARCC DOPO.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field and/or college work towards degree with 5 years minimum experience and/or 10 years’ experience in operations, production or transportation
- Strong understanding of basic light industrial processing, transportation, and/or operations functions with basic mechanical skills
- Working knowledge of safety procedures
- Ability to identify and solve problems in timely manner and create solutions independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to handle confidential matters
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, with strong Excel experience
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization. Spanish is a plus.
- Able to travel and be away from home base as needed.
- Current valid Driver’s license. CDL is a plus.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a wireless phone or radio.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks