Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or related field required. Master's Degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years as a Controller or CFO in a health-care setting, with experience in managing multiple functions in a health care business office preferred.
Licensure: CPA preferred.
Additional Requirements: Thorough knowledge of computers, with experience utilizing health-care based HMS computer system and commonly accepted business software applications programs, particularly EXCEL.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE CATEGORIZED UNDER THE JCAHO STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.
Reporting and Accounting Functions
1. Consult with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) concerning the facility’s financial affairs, development of operating policies and procedures, and facility financial goals and objectives.
2. Manage the overall financial and general accounting operations of the facility in accordance with facility policies, procedures and guidelines.
3. Provide analysis of facility income, expenditures, and capital asset values with comparison to previous periods.
4. Maintain and direct facility information systems as directed by corporate and adapt programs to changing needs.
5. Conduct timely reviews of the financial statements and refer financial analysis to the CEO.