To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
331 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
- Danielle Lenglade
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN)
Ascension Living • Emmitsburg, MD
Posted 2 months ago
This opening is for Evenings FT and Weekends PT Nurse.
Provides professional nursing care to those we serve including a comprehensive assessment, planning, coordination, teaching, documenting, counseling, and providing direct physical care. Evaluates response to care and progress towards outcomes. Assists other personnel in providing delegated aspects of care. Demonstrates knowledge of and delivers care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State in which employed. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and evaluate geriatric populations.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Utilizes critical thinking to appropriately delegate tasks and evaluate the effectiveness of care.
- Promotes teamwork through collaboration, positive communication, and role modeling, respecting the individuality of each resident/family and fellow staff members.
- Supports the management team in implementing goals, including quality improvement activities.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Contributes to the continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Performs delegated care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education, and referrals.
- Responsible for resident safety, identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to licensed nurses, certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff evaluates the provision of direct resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of licensed nurses, certified nursing assistants and certified medications aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, bloodborne pathogens, hazardous material handling, and fire safety.
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of an accredited RN program.
- Clinical background from three to five years with experience in geriatrics, Long Term Care preferred.
- Possess proficient assessment skills related to geriatric residents.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations preferred.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Via Christi Health.
- Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision-making process for all clinical matters.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices, and traditions.
- Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency, and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Exhibits safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates procedural competencies for assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems in order to complete data entry required.
- Ability to navigate the internet and Via Christi intranet required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state in which employed.
- CPR certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to push and pull items, such as resident/patient beds, requiring a force of up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds at waist height. Required to obtain the assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing 100-400 pounds and occasionally required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing over 400 pounds.
- Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
- Frequently perform activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to effectively communicate.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position for up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as resident calls, verbal orders, monitors, and phone calls.
- Frequently able to use hands and fingers to perform simple and fine motor handling tasks, such as taking vital signs, writing, and using a keyboard.
- Frequently able to use different types of visual perceptions to perform activities such as moving medical equipment, evaluating resident/patients, reading monitors and charts, and reading computer screens.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate infection or other problems with a resident, or environmental issues such as smoke.
St. Joseph Place/ Ascension Senior Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.