The Cato Corporation, a leading specialty retailer of value-priced women’s fashion apparel with corporate offices located in Charlotte, North Carolina, operates three concepts: Cato, It’s Fashion and Versona. The company has over 1,300 stores throughout the United States and a diverse workforce of over 10,000 associates. The Company’s stock is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “CATO”.
Cato is seeking a motivated and career oriented Junior Database Administrator. This Junior DBA will work with a team of experienced DBAs to administer Oracle databases and related software.
· Primary responsibilities for the position include monitoring and maintaining large Oracle production databases.
· Maintenance duties include ensuring that proper database performance is achieved, ensuring that there are no security concerns, making sure that the database physical needs are met, and troubleshooting database issues
· Other duties include providing technical support to the IT staff while maintaining current applications and developing and testing new ones, learning and supporting the technical infrastructure for several applications such as: Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, Manhattan’s WMS system, Lawson HR/Payroll systems, and Oracle APEX.
· Additionally, this position would be required to participate in a 24x7 production support rotation.
The ideal candidates must have:
· Minimum 2 years of DBA hands-on experience administering Oracle databases
· Knowledge of Oracle rdbms versions 11g and 12c
· General administration and performance tuning skills
· Unix and ksh skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle all support situations in a professional and collaborative manner
· Ability to function as a technical support representative
· Willingness to learn
· Bachelor’s degree
· Oracle Database Administration training
Experience with any of the software products/areas mentioned below would be a plus:
Oracle Apex, Toad, OEM, Lawson, Manhattan, Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, Oracle Transparent Gateway, MS SQL Server, JDA Allocations and Planning systems, Java, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, Weblogic, Websphere, IBM Tivoli Directory Server (ldap), Perl, Oracle ProC, Tomcat, Http Server.
For consideration, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: The Cato Corporation, PO Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28216, fax to [ Phone number blocked ] - Click here to apply to Junior Database Administrator, or email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Junior Database Administrator.
Ibm Websphere Application Server