To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pelham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Wiregrass Construction Co • Pelham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Wiregrass Construction Company has an immediate opening for an Estimator/Project Manager for our Pelham, Alabama location. This position reports to the Area Manager, and is responsible for gathering applicable project information to submit an acceptable and competitive bid to customers and various state/local agencies, as well as manage project progression.
- Bachelor Degree in Construction, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Construction Estimating experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of financial accounting systems as it relates to job cost and estimating preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to engage employees professionally and respectfully, and be team oriented
- Satisfactory MVR and must meet minimum company standards on driver qualification
- Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as a pre-employment drug screening
Wiregrass Construction Company prides itself on the benefits we offer to our employees. We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance (weekly rates for health as low as $18.00/wk!)
- Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) with a generous company match option
- Disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Other voluntary benefits offered by Aflac
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or unsolicited visits, please.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veterans status, or disability.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Quantity Takeoffs and analyze plans for accurate, complete, and competitive pricing.
- Work with Senior Managers to analyze costs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and trade partners.
- Coordinate and provide information and documents to subcontractors.
- Manage estimate/bid processes including solicitation of bids and construct-ability input.
- Jobsite Project Management duties, including coordinating and scheduling of subcontractors and internal crews.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Owners, Engineers and Architects.
- Review subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Set up job cost tracking for the projects.
- Manage project startup, including obtaining permits and licenses, and managing jobsite mobilization.
- Lead responsibility for project quality control Plan Implementation and Compliance.
- Develop and administer subcontractor and purchase order Change Orders.
- Perform Cost Reviews and long term scheduling on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve material/equipment invoices.
- Prepare Payment Requests and monitor collections.
- Meet with city and state agencies to review project and inspections.
- Perform Project Management duties overseeing job operations, scheduling, cost control, and quality control.
- Manage and oversee job closeout documentation and procedures.
- Mentor/Train less experienced Team Members.