To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Greysmith Companies • Providence, RI
Posted 1 month ago
Currently looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to fill an opening with a reputable organization in Southeastern, MA. Interested candidates should have 4-6 years experience processing multi-state payroll and working knowledge of payroll best practices.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist
● Perform daily payroll department operations.
● Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
● Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
● Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
● Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
● Execute eTime time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
● Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks.
● Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc).
● Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
● Process manual check and relocation metric’s.
● Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP.
● Load import files received from HR.
● Respond to ERC employee tickets.
Requirements of the Payroll Specialist
● High School Diploma or GED
● 4-6 years experience processing multi-state payroll
● Working knowledge of payroll best practices
● Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
● Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
● Working knowledge of eTime, ADP, and PeopleSoft highly preferred
● Strong work ethic and team player
● Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
● Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
● Ability to communicate with various levels of management
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
● Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills