To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
965 South Main Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Catholic Charities • Waterbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Catholic Charities is seeking a FT Infant/Toddler Teacher
The Teacher is responsible for putting into practice the curricular goals and benchmarks in the infant/toddler classroom. The teacher is in charge of ensuring the safety of children entrusted to her/him and of ensuring the development and school readiness of each individual child and of the group. The teacher is supervised by the director or assistant director.
- Bachelor of Arts /Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education or Child Development with at least three hundred sixty (360) hours of documented supervised experience working with unrelated pre-school aged children and at least one semester of student teaching with pre-school aged children.
- Must possess the personal qualities necessary to care for and work with children, relate to other adults, including staff and parents.
- Possess the management competencies and criteria established by Catholic Charities for a supervisory role specifically:
- Proficiency of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meets timelines.
- Excellent planning skills and ability to manage details.
- Skill and experience in motivating and managing personnel.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels, both internally or externally and works to create a team environment.
- Monitoring and supervising job performance of direct reports.
- Scheduling and managing employee schedules to effectively meet program requirements.
- Child CPR/First Aid certification
Hours – Full Time 35 hours per week
Professional Experience Required: 2-3 years experience working in a NAYEC Accredited state funded program.
Linguistic skills: Spanish speaking preferred.
- A pre-employment certification of good health, including a documented, negative tuberculin test or normal chest x-ray is required as well as a criminal background check
Catholic Charities offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health: Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
For a Secure Future: Life, AD&D and Long-term disability insurance
For Retirement: 403(b) Plan, with employer matching contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement: Training and development opportunities and for Licensed Clinicians ability to apply for the education Loan Forgiveness Program under The National Services Health Corp.
For Work Life Balance: Generous paid time off, including vacation, and sick time.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Free and confidential counseling
Catholic Charities, Inc. Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance with all applicable discrimination laws. All hiring, promoting, and transferring is done on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to membership in any protected class.