To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bowling Green, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Manager
RGBSI • Bowling Green, KY
Posted 2 months ago
RGBSI, a leader in the staffing industry, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.
- The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure the AP department is delivering exceptional service to North American operations to provide timely and accurate payments of all invoices and payments by instituting best practices.
- This position contributes greatly to the continued development of the Finance organization through people and process improvement.
- The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and cash management function in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Manages the full cycle Accounts Payable process including maintenance of general ledger, journal entries and vendor relations; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares account reconciliations for Accounts Payable accounts and other miscellaneous accounts. Compiles disbursement information, audits the weekly check register, maintain contract payment information to ensure control of disbursements. Balances and reconciles disbursement data on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis to ensure accurate recording of costs and related liabilities.
- Establishes external banking relationships. Manages and oversees bank accounts and banking transactions to include set-up and maintenance of vendor information and payments made through check, ACH and wire.
- Maintains daily cash controls on bank accounts. Approves cash account reconciliations.
- Develops, recommends and implements cost reduction activities to include policies and procedures to govern the payment of invoices to the advantage of the organization in terms of cash flow and discounts.
- Manages supplier, associate and guest payment systems. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Manages corporate credit card program. Acts as liaison between card issuing bank.
- Oversees periodic audits of assigned functions using accounting best practices.
- Provides accounting assistance and responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs. Acts as a liaison between the company and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Supervises cash management and accounts payable staff. Plans, schedules, and directs the work of the accounts payable unit.
- Selects and hires associates. Trains and evaluates to enhance performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, China, Germany, Mexico, Singapore, UK, and India.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting including 2-4 years in middle management supervisor capacity
- Foreign currency experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, coworkers
- Ability to operate efficiently and professionally under pressure within an open office environment
- Ability to learn new ERP accounting software as well as a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)