Summary: The person in this position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is responsible for performing basic maintenance activities in the Iowa Facility. Maintenance is defined as an act of keeping, preserving, or restoring facilities, equipment, machines, and systems, and other organizational assets, to a state of operating efficiency and effectiveness.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct regular scheduled maintenance on systems, machines, and equipment as assigned.
2. Repair broken, damaged, or malfunctioning machines, equipment, and systems as directed
3. Calibrate all tools, equipment, and machines as directed.
4. Install new equipment, machines, or systems, or make modifications to facilities, equipment, or systems as directed.
5. Assist outside maintenance contractors as directed.
6. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of safety (OSHA) regulations
Ability to make basic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repairs
Ability to read and interpret instructions and schematics
Ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical and electrical devices
Skill at using tools
This job may require lifting, continuous standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting. In addition, this job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and interpret instructions, schematics, building codes, and regulations