To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leesburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager I
TMG Construction • Leesburg, VA
Posted 1 month ago
TMG’s Project Manager I is a person who is responsible for cradle-to-grave aspects of construction projects for the life-cycle of projects that he or she is tasked with managing (typically commercial and/or institutional construction projects) that are typically valued at $2m or less in contract value. The position includes an understanding of process management and the ability and agility to perform work that is contracted through a variety of delivery methods that include: indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ), Lump-Sum Contracting and Fast Track contracts. The Project Manager I accomplishes work primarily by means of subcontractors; however, the Project Manager I has the capability of managing self-performed construction activities that benefit the project.
• Manages the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include: estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout;
• Meets with Owners, Design Professionals and other stakeholders to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns;
• Acquires and manages all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites (when required);
• Visit project work sites, to assure safety, quality, cleanliness and to manage the overall contracted scope of work;
• Prepares, negotiates and manages cost estimates and proposals related to the change management process (and the entire projects based on size, complexity and time available);
• Creates and develops critical path project schedules to establish a baseline schedule that includes buy-in by all relevant stakeholder using either Primavera P6 or MS Project scheduling software;
• Drives project performance to include updating project schedules and the ongoing identification of impacts caused by changes to the critical path to justify time extensions when needed;
• In cooperation with the Project Superintendent manages the development and communication of look-ahead schedules;
• Implement strategies to subcontract or self-perform the various aspects of a project to achieve the projects objectives of price, schedule and quality;
• Negotiates contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed;
• Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
• Take a lead role in conducting and documenting project progress meetings;
• Determines and implements the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.);
• Manages project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Documents and manages changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met;
• Creates and follows up on monthly requisitions to the Owner and manage all vendor payments to ensure all financial obligations for all stakeholders are met timely and consistent with contract terms;
• Ensures that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
• Administers client-specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.;
• Provides timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as Accounting, HR, ICS, etc.;
• Documents substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion;
• Participates in industry networking functions;
• Seeks out and regularly participates in learning opportunities and professional development.
• B.S. degree in engineering or construction management with a minimum of 3 years of experience with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor or 10+ years of directly related experience with no degree;
• Demonstrated experience estimating and managing subcontracted work and self-performed work activities;
• A working knowledge of construction means and methods associated with the construction and/or renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto;
• Is proficient with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry;
• Has a minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in government contracting is preferred;
• Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, First Aid and CPR;
• Current CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC 1; and
• Professional credentials–Associate Constructor (AC), Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) or PE in good standings1
1 A grace period of up to six months may be allowed to obtain stated credentials.