Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enter/verify patient demographic and insurance information.
· Post charges to accounts, utilizing client specific guidelines provided.
· Accurately post payments and adjustments to accounts and identify any claims requiring additional review.
· Approve pended charges for RCM clients.
· Reconcile payment batches to system reports for balancing purposes.
· Correct insurance/patient information on rejected claims and resubmit for processing.
· Follow up on unpaid aged receivables.
· Provide courteous and professional customer service to clients, patients, insurance companies and/or third parties.
· Assist with billing system maintenance, as required.
· Follow company policies, procedures and protocol, report compliance issues.
· Function as STI advocate at all times.
· Adhere to all HIPAA regulations by keeping all patient information confidential and protected.
· Participate in educational opportunities.
· Perform duties in a timely manner as required by clients and company.
· Other duties, as assigned.