ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, a well-known privately-held company in Baltimore is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team! The company has been voted "Maryland's Best Places" to work by the Baltimore Business Journal for many consecutive years!!
The company provides an excellent work life balance and great incentives that include health/dental/vision with extremely low monthly premiums for individual and family, tuition reimbursement up to $5k, wellness program, 2.5 weeks PTO, flexibility if something came up and needed to work from home, discounted gym membership at Under Armour facility, and paid garage parking!! They have a casual, laid-back work environment and can wear jeans to work!
The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
We are looking for a degreed Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with our client. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years experience in public/private accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Standard Accounting Practices