To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
46200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
- Isabel Torres
- Phone: 7607753174
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Spotlight 29 Casino • Coachella, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue Audit, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles, the NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards and the Tribal Minimal Internal Control Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Interact effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
- Work with the CFO to establish standards for resource allocation, including but not limited to, staffing services, products, and capital requirements.
- Mentor, coach and prepare succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience, and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal.
- Develop Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and provides regular reporting against these standards.
- Direct preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements on a timely basis.
- Direct preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under bank reporting and covenant compliance, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit firm for periodic reviews and annual audits as required.
- Establish Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
- Monitor all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, all Federal and State Agencies to include the Tribe’s Compact with the State, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Directs review of monthly financial statements and internal control evaluations.
- Review daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Maintain good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
- Plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Ensure a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction in supporting the financial results of the operations.
- Facilitate the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Manage communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors, and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
Directly supervises the activities of the management staff of the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Revenue Audit divisions of the Finance Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in casino gaming financial institutions or hospitality industries.
· Minimum of five years in a supervisory or management role.
· Knowledge of casino accounting procedures is recommended.
· CPA preferred.
· Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required.
· Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in financial analysis or related area required.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- This is not a smoke free environment.
- This is a gaming facility.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis