As a member of the Materials & Biological Sciences team, the scientist in this role will support the development of novel diagnostic specimen preservation devices as well as the continuous improvement of existing portfolio offerings. This associate will work under the supervision of Senior and Staff Scientists and will be responsible for delivering technical excellence in areas pertaining to applied biological and material sciences.
1. Strong understanding of scientific methodology and experimental design in order to plan, execute, interpret and draw conclusions from feasibility studies.
2. Author/review feasibility study protocols/reports and effectively communicate technical results to the broader team.
3. Execute feasibility studies characterizing blood compatibility and device material interactions and their impact on clinical diagnostic assays.
4. Conduct literature research and help build the scientific knowledge and analytical capabilities that are relevant to project goals.
5. Provides general laboratory support including SOP development and maintenance for laboratory instrumentation.
6. Participates in routine hands-on activities such as prototype assembly, labeling, and data entry to support ongoing feasibility studies.
Education & Experience Requirement(s):
A M.S. or Ph.D. in or biological sciences (or related field) with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience is required.
• General molecular biology and laboratory skills such as ELISA, immunoblotting, UV-VIS spectrophotometry, and basic chemistry (i.e. buffer preparation and pH adjustment) will be required.
• Experience operating a flow cytometer and performing multi-color analysis is required. Experience using FACSDiva software is strongly preferred.
• Strong experience with applied biological sciences is required, experience developing bioanalytical assays and test methods is strongly desired.
• Experience with handling biological specimens, particularly human clinical samples is desirable.
• Knowledge of procedures for blood borne pathogen safety is necessary and will be provided.
• Must be technically proficient with MS OFFICE and knowledge of statistical analysis is desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Comfortable with complex team matrixes and cross-functional environments.
• Demonstrated successful learning agility.
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and willing to take hands on work.
• Able to multi-task and balance productivity while maintaining safety & accuracy with changing priorities.