FrankCrum, a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), is based in Clearwater, Florida and employs more than 300 people who serve over 4,000 business clients. Ours is a family culture that encourages people to feel at home, collaborate, and respect each other.
FrankCrum is currently seeking a Full time Database Administrator, Jr. , in Clearwater, FL.
- Ascertains user requirements, creates computer databases, and tests and coordinates changes.
- Interacts with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Ensures availability and measure performance of database.
- Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; and codes, tests, and implements physical database, applying knowledge of database management system.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database; i.e., how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Configures optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of computer memory allocated to database, following manuals.
- Configures user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Configures which users can access databases and what data is accessible by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create development, test, and production databases.
- Creates/maintains code of utility program to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Reviews and advises corrections to application development programs prior to production deployment.
- Answers database user questions.
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and scope of making changes to database.
- Advises application developers, proposing modifications increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Trains database query software users.
- Associates degree in computer science, technology, a related field, or a combination of Associates degree in liberal arts and equivalent experience in computer science.
- Two (2) years of experience in computer database systems maintenance.
- MCSE certification preferred
- FrankCrum provides comprehensive benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accidental, etc.)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - FrankCrum matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement, up to $5,000 annually
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Database Management Systems